
Yeah, I am fighting currently. It could be easier: How much time for university and how much for the city and so on? The blog is already suffering, I know.

(There it is, the bridge. Pic from Felix. Check out the links!)
Anyways I had quite an interesting week! Just this Friday we had a grad party on Campus, after that I was at a house party till later that night, three people stayed at my home... Saturday team meeting, work and the city in the evening. Been to a white trash bar/party. White trash are people in trailer home cities. Cheap beer - but the bar was in SF downtown, no sweat. Somebody came over from Potsdam last week for a month's worth of Internship at that big German software company. Coool!
Apropos, you meet those people from said company everywhere. One talked to me after the halfmarathon from last Sunday, because he recognized us as Germans when he read the imprint on my jogging suite and later this week when going swimming on campus a friend and me stumbled on him when he was leaving the aquatic center. Small (German) world.
(Picture from their campus with Fefe and Tomtom)By the way there was the Golden Gate halfmarathon last Sunday and I participated! 2:02 for the interested. Very easy going! Look:
(Right after the start: Golden Gate Park)
(Finish in Golden Gate Park: Heba, Chris, Mary and me)All runners prepared with a pasta dinner at Mary's house, which happens to be Heba's, and slept there to be ready for the early start. The rest was smooth running through the park, a little bit of lower SF and ocean beach. No mountains! And I had prepared for mountains...
If you did not notice sport is a big thing here. I am infected. Frequent running, swimming, dancing and - newest - squash! There are amazing, truly incredible facilities available free of charge to all students. Look at the aquatic center:

Two 50 m, one 37 and one for jumping with 1, 3, 5, 10 m towers. Outside. Heated! Yeah. Tennis courts, multiple stadiums, 9 squash courts, halls, gym, golf, yachting...
But I am often here, too:

And I have got to return there soon. We still have a meeting tonight. Have been in the city to do some prototype testing in the company's shop. We are to redesign their customization experience. Tomorrow is presentation.
Here are pix of my room.


And now after having been to IKEA:



Well, and this I wanted to share with you. Opening the fridge for the first time offered me this view:

(The preferred drink of my rommie's girlfriend)

And now I gotta go. Sometimes I look like this now. By the way, the wall behind me is already covered with more post-its! (See you) later!
No comments:
Post a Comment